Depression is one of the most common mental disorders in the U.S. It causes symptoms that affect how you feel, think, and handle daily activities, such as sleeping, eating, or working. Often depression is caused by a combination of biological, psychological and sociocultural factors. Depression can be treated; the earlier one seeks treatment for depression, the more effective the treatment.
Symptoms of depression can include:
- Persistent sad, anxious, or “empty” mood
- Feelings of hopelessness
- Discomfort with eating around other people
- Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, or helplessness
- Loss of interest or pleasure in hobbies
- Decreased energy or fatigue
- Feeling restless or having trouble sitting still
- Difficulty concentrating, remembering, or making decisions
- Difficulty sleeping, early-morning awakening, or oversleeping
- Appetite and/or weight changes
- Thoughts of death or suicide, or suicide attempts
- Aches or pains, headaches, cramps, or digestive problems without a clear physical cause and/or that do not ease even with treatment
If you are looking for counseling for eating disorders or have any questions about our counseling services, call us at (484) 329-7638 or request a phone consultation today.